Community Supported Parenting – Mothering Sons
This is a facilitated exploration of topics relevant to being a female parent to a male child ages 0 through 5.
Possible Topics Include
- Welcoming a Boy Child into the Family: The familial sources of a gendered identity, your extended families’ influence or attitudes toward your child’s gender, specifically your parenting of him as a boy.
- Gender in our homes: The art of co-parenting, your son’s immediate male role models and what he may be learning about communication, problem-solving, division of labor, expressing emotions, power, etc.
- Having a Male Body: uncomfortable topics related to anatomy/sexuality & our sons, boy’s play – risk-taking, roughhousing, getting hurt…
- Little Boys, Big Emotions: Showing Anger and Strong Emotions, theirs and ours: when, where, how…, boys and competition…
- The Big World Out There: Cultural expectations around demonstrating masculinity as they grow older. The world of toys, TV, electronics and the influence of older boys.
Tuition is $75 with a discount for two parents from the same household in one series.
Pre-mobile or “in-arms” infants (generally under 6 months) are welcome.
Days & Times: Classes meet monthly from 6:45pm to 8:45pm.
Max class enrollment 14, minimum 7 required to hold the session.
Date and Time: See drop down list
Please call 207-772-4784 or email with any questions.