Becoming parents together can be challenging! Most new parents report a drop in relationship quality as a couple and difficulty establishing a co-parenting relationship in the early years, but it doesn’t have to be that way. This introduction to the dynamic Bringing Baby Home series from the Gottman Institute gives you the tools and practice to maintain a loving relationship with your partner while effectively co-parenting your child. Come and spend some time with us in a relaxed and supportive environment and learn important tools for your transition to parenthood such as:
- How to move through time with your partner, deepening your love and understanding of one another
- How to bring up difficult topics and express your needs to your partner
- What to do when conflict arises
- Warning signs of relationship meltdown and what to do
- How your infant/child communicates their needs and how to enjoy your baby/child together
- Preserving Intimacy
We have created a three-part series to cover this important subject. Classes are taken one at a time. Next level classes can be taken whenever you’re ready and it fits in your schedule.
LEVEL 1: Foundations/Intro – get familiar with the tools and resources and begin practicing the basics.
LEVEL 2: Building – deepen your understanding of the tools and bring your practice to the next level.
LEVEL 3: Strengthening – Relationships change and transform over time and this final class will help you strengthen your practice so it can weather the current struggles yet is flexible enough to transform for whatever is next.
- This class is for couples who are expecting or have a child under 3.
- Class fee is per couple.
- Pre-crawling babies may attend class if childcare is not possible.
- There are is a Gottman Institute Take Home Kit of materials available in class for $40 that will enhance your practice of these Tools and can be used in any future classes.