Would you like to increase your breastfeeding knowledge and feel more confident helping new mothers and babies as they embark on their breastfeeding journey together? This 3-hour breastfeeding course is required for many doula certifications and will prepare you with the fundamentals of breastfeeding. You’ll learn how to prepare and support the mother and baby before, during, after birth as they establish their new nursing relationship. This workshop fulfills the DONA certification requirement for a 3-hour Breastfeeding for Birthworkers class.
- Getting Off to a Good Start
- Impact of Birth on Breastfeeding
- Proper Latching & Positioning
- Milk Production
- Alternative Feeding Methods
- Overcoming Breastfeeding Difficulties
- Breastfeeding the Premature or Cesarean Birth Infant
- Breast Pumps and Breast Milk Storage
Taught by Kara Kaikini, IBCLC at Birth Roots.
Date and Time: See drop down list
Please call 207-772-4784 or email with any questions.