Baby Roots Nature Camp:
Outdoor Classroom Guidelines & Covid-19 Waiver
Have you signed up for Birth Roots’ 2021 outdoor Baby Roots Nature Camp?
Please find important information below regarding our Outdoor Classroom Guidelines and our Covid-19 waiver (required). ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST READ THIS PAGE AND SIGN THE WAIVER BEFORE ATTENDING NATURE CAMP.
Please note that if you’ve already signed the waiver as part of your registration process, we do not need you to sign again.
The link to sign the waiver is below.
*Due to current public health considerations, we have a new WAIVER to be signed and submitted prior to class one.
*Birth Roots Outdoor Classroom Program Guidelines*
Birth Roots is excited to offer outdoor programs that are workable and enjoyable for participants while navigating current public health precautions. To protect yourself and others, please adhere to the following guidelines. If you are uncertain about something or have a concern, don’t hesitate to ask.
All adult participants must wear a mask upon entering the Outdoor Classroom. If you arrive without a mask, Birth Roots will supply you with a disposable one. As this is not optional, please address any special considerations with us prior to the first class.
Adult participants will make every effort to maintain the recommended 6 feet apart and will do their best to keep toddlers from making sustained contact with each other, redirecting them to alternate, more spread out activities. The small class size will allow plenty of room to move about the Outdoor Classroom.
Prior to Covid, a light snack picnic was a Nature Camp norm. However, we kindly request leaving snacks of any kind in the car. Please try to snack before class or go to your vehicle or an area outside the play area if food becomes necessary for you or your child. Many toddler participants are still nursing and this is absolutely welcomed.
Learning to stay hydrated outdoors is a great Nature Camp theme. However, toddlers are notoriously curious about each other’s water bottles, so we ask that they stay stored out of reach (e.g. up high or in a secured bag). All adults present will assist in maintaining clear boundaries as toddlers natural inclination is to “share” water bottles.
Bathroom facilities are available inside Birth Roots. One family at a time may go inside for this purpose. Lysol wipes will be available —please wipe surfaces you have touched before you leave. We cannot monitor the bathroom after each and every use, so please help in this regard. All high touch surfaces will be wiped down before and after every class session.
Participants agree to not knowingly expose participants to COVID-19 or other communicable illnesses and agree to not come to class if:
You or anyone in your household have had COVID-19 symptoms in the past 14 days.
You or anyone in your household has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 30 days.
You or anyone in your household have had exposure within the past 14 days to an individual that you know has tested positive for COVID-19.
You or your child are experiencing symptoms of any other communicable disease, such as the common cold, flu, stomach bug, etc.
*Per the CDC, symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, abnormal fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea.*
If Birth Roots must cancel for any reason and class is not rescheduled (including due to any municipal or State of Maine emerging restrictions), Birth Roots will prorate a refund for missed activities (e.g., 50% refund if 50% of classes are canceled). If you need to cancel, Birth Roots will issue class credit for any of Birth Roots program offerings.
A “dirty bin” will be available for any tools or items that your child might put in their mouth. Please put any dirty items in the bin as needed.
Hand sanitizer will be made available, you may also bring your own brand.
Please treat all participants and teachers with generous amounts of patience and respect; we don’t always know each other’s level of risk tolerance, which may not be the same as your own.
Please use these guidelines and your own common sense to reduce and mitigate risks, but also understand that there are factors that are not within our control, even in a lower risk outdoor classroom.
In consideration of being permitted to participate in Birth Roots activities, I, on behalf of myself and my child agree to the following:
COVID-19 AFFIRMATIONS, WAIVER AND PROMISE TO DISCLOSE
1. Neither I nor anyone in my household have had any symptoms of COVID-19 within the last 14 days. (Per the CDC, symptoms include: fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, abnormal fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea.)
2. Neither I nor anyone in my household have been diagnosed with or exposed to anyone with a COVID-19 diagnosis within the last 14 days.
3. Neither I nor anyone in my household have traveled outside of Maine within the past 14 days.
4. I agree to notify Birth Roots immediately by phone or electronic means if any of the above statements change, and promise that I will not knowingly participate in Birth Roots activities if I have COVID-19 symptoms or known exposure.
5. I understand that Birth Roots cannot be held liable for my exposure to COVID-19 by participating in Birth Roots events, including due to misinformation provided by participants about their own COVID-19 exposure. By signing below, I agree to each statement above and release Birth Roots from any and all liability for exposure or harm due to COVID-19.
6. I knowingly and freely assume the risks of participating in Birth Roots activities and understand that there are exposure risks inherent in group activities.
OUTDOOR ACTIVITY AND PHOTO WAIVER
1. I agree to follow the program guidelines for participating in Birth Roots activities.
2. I understand the nature of Birth Roots activities and affirm that I and my child are in proper physical condition to participate in such activity.
3. I understand the inherent risk of injury in participating outdoor activities for myself or for my child.
4. I, to fullest extent allowed by law, agree to release Birth Roots and its organizers, employees, facilitators, directors, officers, and volunteers (the Releasees) from any liability, including for damage, injury, or death to my child, myself, or to any person, sustained as a result of participation in Birth Roots programs, whatever the cause. I accept full legal responsibility for myself and on behalf of my child to hold harmless the Releasees from any damage or award, including any legal expenses or settlement, arising out of my and my child’s participation in Birth Roots’ activities.
5. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks for my participation in Birth Roots activities, even if arising from the negligence of the Releasees.
6. Birth Roots has my permission to use my or my child’s image or likeness in its promotional materials to promote its nonprofit programs, including in video or photo form.
***I agree that any dispute regarding this agreement shall be submitted to the jurisdiction of the state or federal courts of the State of Maine. This agreement shall be governed by Maine law. I certify that I am a parent/guardian with legal responsibility for my child and do hereby consent and agree to this agreement on behalf of myself and my child, and that this agreement shall bind myself and my child’s heirs, assigns, personal representatives, and next of kin.