Birth Roots seeks part-time accounting and administrative support in all organizational operations. This is a part-time position.
The Operations Assistant will support all aspects of the organization’s daily operations, including class and event registration support, annual publication support, communications with families and community partners. There is potential for involvement in accounts management and volunteer coordination/training if the candidate has the required skills and expertise.
The ideal candidate will possess maturity and cultural sensitivity to client privacy and diverse topics while being inclusive and non-prescriptive.
- Processing and maintaining registrations, class rosters and mailing databases
- Sending reminder/welcome emails
- Following up with families and providing consistent contact
- Performing a variety of office tasks including photocopying, ordering office supplies and answering the phone.
- Record and maintain general ledger accounting transactions on a monthly basis
- Prepare monthly financial information and reports for presentation to the board
- Prepping for drop-in groups and classes and general space maintenance
- Preparing for events
- Occasional evenings and weekends are required.
- The assistant will work directly with the Director of Development and Operations in the office on State Street in Portland, ME.
- Demonstrated interest in the mission of Birth Roots
- Highly-developed customer service and interpersonal/verbal communications skills with excellent listening skills.
- Superior organizational skills and techniques and experience managing multiple assignments. Able to multi-task activities with shifting priorities.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office applications, WordPress, SurveyMonkey QuickBooks
- Experience with basic accounting transactions, financial statements, budgets and writing financial narratives
- Experience with online web services, such as Google Drive, MailChimp, Doodle, and social media platforms
- Experience in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop for printed publications a plus
Please submit your resume, cover letter and three (3) references to [email protected]
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
• Graphic Designer to support branding, marketing and
• Birth Roots Guide Event Committee Members for 2017 and 2018 – assist with planning and organizing our community events